Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Before.During,After

The day before...

The night of the 26th I was having some contractions so being the great husband chad thought that we should go in and check it out. We arrived at about 1am and I was dialated to a 4 still so they had us walk around for an hour, which by the way was the longest hour since we weren't able to leave the hallways. Later they continued to check me and I was a 5 so the Dr decided to admit me and he would break my water. Within just about an hour my contractions were so strong (6) that I finally gave up and had the epidural which was great. 45min later the nurse came in and said "well it looks like your going to have a baby in the next few min." We couldn't believe it, so two pushes later and we were blessed with the arrival of Trey Daniel Hadley.
The surprising thing was that our healthy boy was 9lbs 2oz and 21 1/4 inches long. "Where was he hiding" the nurses kept wondering. Since he was 12 days early and that healthy they must have been off on my due date...

He is such a joy to have in our lives and we are so grateful him. He also has given me a few great nights of sleep. He eats and than will sleep for about 6 hours its wonderful. Let's just hope it keeps up.

We had a wonderful New Years spending time together as a family in our new home it couldn't have been any better well besides the cheese fondue that Chad and I thought was a good idea which it wasn't. Anyway that is a different story..


Happy New year 2008...

22 comments:

Carly said...

He is such a doll!! Glad to hear it went so well!! Congrats and I hope you guys are doing well!!

Darcy said...

Yea for you. Of course he's sleeping through the night, he's already the size of a 2 month old!!! Two pushes, I'm so Jealous. Congrats!!

Reese said...

Love the pics! Glad you are adjusting well. Can't wait to see you guys again...I'm needing a baby fix!!

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

He is so sweet and adorable. :) I'm glad he's been good to you. It's so fun to hold him - just makes me want another one more.

Josh n Betsie said...

He is so cute. Congrats again.

Unguren said...

Congrats on the Baby! I am so glad that you are doing well and that labor wasn't that bad (from what it sounded like). Can't wait to meet him!

H and E said...

Congratulations, he is so adorable and Hank and I are so happy for you!

Taryn said...

Such a sweet and big baby boy! Congreats, and you look great!

Shauna said...

That is the best labor I've ever heard of!! Congratulations, he's just perfect!

Shauna said...

That is the best labor I've ever heard of!! Congratulations, he's just perfect!

The Aprecios said...

How great! Congrats! I had no idea he was coming to earth so soon!

The Kunz Family said...

What a little cutie!! Congrats Amanda, you have an adorable family.

Simon Tribe -ooh ha haa said...

Well, this a fantastic update! You know you are missing one picture though. I will not comment again until you post THE picture.

xoxoxo
Lafawnda
(Nick)

Karine said...

Hooray!! You made it! Congrats on your new bundle of cuteness. I am glad to hear that he is sleeping good, that makes the biggest difference! Take care of yourself.
Karine

rebecca said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable. I love the name you chose. What a perfect Holiday gift!

Kaneischa Johnson said...

Hey, guys! Congrats on the babe! He's beautiful! And lucky you, manders...GEEZ two pushes!!!

Happy New Years!
~KJ

Suzanne said...

Great timing that little guy had. You have lots to be thankful. He is just darling. Congrats to you all.

Lindsay said...

Congrats to you guys! Little boys are so much fun (so are girls for that matter, but I'm particularly appreciating my mild tempered little boy right now!)

I'm so excited for you guys and hope you're feeling great!

Jessica Jo said...

congratulations! He is adorable!

Bailey Bunch said...

You know we love Trey just as much as Madelyn.:) We are so happy for you guys!:)

Mama Wisch said...

Yay! I am glad that he's here and that it was a good labor! What an amazing new year... a new baby and a new home...Wonderful!! Congrats!

Denise said...

Congratulations! He's a handsome litte guy. I am so happy that everything went good and you are doing well.