Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Baby Steps" now onto the next race

About 6 months ago my mother-in-law had asked if I wanted to run in the "Jock and Jill Marathon" with her on Labor day. My first thought was "heck no" but I said yes. Since I have never ran nor trained for any sort of race besides hurdles (10yrs ago) I didn't think I could do it. As well as having the excuse for the last 2years of being pregnant or nursing). So last fri I looked at my calendar and saw that day was the last day you could sign up so I did it. There was no backing out now the money has been paid eeeekkkkk....
I woke up Monday morning and headed out for the race, she was doing the 1/2 marathon walk and I was doing the 4+ mile run/walk. I thought I would start baby steps and work my way up. Well little did I know that as soon as the gun went off I started to run with everyone else and before I knew it I had run the whole way to the finish. I felt like I had accomplished something that day and was ready for the next step which will be the 1/2 marathon in Leavenworth on October 4th. Wish me luck...
Thank you to my family for their support that day!
I love you...

15 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

awesome! Good job...we sure love dawna...

Stephanie said...

Way to go girl! You rock!

Emily Motter said...

Hi honey!Oh I miss you so much too! I am soooo proud of you and your run!!! Isn't it exhilerating? That is so awesome! It's so addicting. Plus, it feels wonderful to put your money to a good cause. I love you and your pics are so adorable. Your family is so gorgeous! Hugs and Kisses!!!

H and E said...

Good job that is awesome, be carefuly running is very addictive, before you know it you will be signed up for a marathon. I have a four hour layover in seattle in October so maybe we can meet up, we will chat!

Angie said...

Sounds like fun! Congrats on completing the run. :)

Stephanie said...

Did you hear we moved to Vancouver? Jay got a job at Skyview HS.

Beck's Photo Blog said...

Girl Power!! So did you sign up yet? Leavenworth is awesome! I hurt like crazy from training. Yeah still no Jack pics-what's with dat??

Darcy said...

Wow, a marathon! That is amazing. Good job!

Unknown said...

that is so awesome! good job! i miss you and maddie! hope that all is amazing!

Bailey Bunch said...

I am glad you did it but sorry that your feet are so hurt now.:(

Unknown said...

Whoa! That is awesome. I hope i can do that someday!

Reese said...

Good work! Hope you find time in your crazy schedule to prep for the October race!

Hineman Family said...

Nice job

cat said...

wow congrats! what an accomplishment.

Riley and Breanne said...

Wow, congrats! One day that will be me :)