Sunday, May 10, 2009

Maddie's testimony

This last sunday it was testimony meeting and as Chad and I were listening, ok well trying to listen Madelyn said to me " Mommy I want to go up and talk" immediately my heart started to race because it was so sweet to hear that from my 3 year old. We both went up and she grabbed the mic and began talking as if all the attention was on her, which it was. This is how it went... "I love Jesus, my family, and continued to ramble so nobody could understand. finished with Amen" I then bore mine and as we were about to walk back down she grabbed the mic and said " i am grateful for my husband Amen" It was too funny because I had just finished saying that, so I guess she felt the need also. Everyone was laughing it was so cute. I am so grateful to our little girl and the happiness she feels at church. I am so proud of her for wanting to go up on her own. I am afraid however that she will ask every sunday.

9 comments:

Darcy said...

Oh, that is just too cute!

Jared and Paige said...

Sweet post. The birthday looks so fun. Oh, to do the girly stuff (sigh). And about moving, I do expect you to visit often. :)

Swangerlings said...

That is so funny.

The Shepherd Family said...

That's too funny. I'm sure Landon will want to do that as well. He already goes around pointing out all the pictures of Jesus and says "Jesus" every time he sees a picture of him. Maddie is so adorable. I wish i could have seen that :)

Erin Dooley said...

That is so sweet. You probably are in for it every fast sunday though:) hehehe

Alan and Kiersten said...

ok that is SO sweet! what an awesome little girl!

About the Stevens said...

That's a great story Amanda, she is growing up so much, we miss you guys.

Laurie said...

that is hysterical. Wish you were in our ward so I could have see it. Those are precious moments that you wish you could video tape.

Also, LOVE the photo of the gang at Mad's princess party...gotta love the tears! Just claim they were tears of joy!!! :)

Charis said...

What a sweet story! Clearly Maddie is learning from your and Chad's example ;-)